School Law: Year in Review
6/23/20 from 9am - 3pm at FEA
Presenters: David Nash, Esq., LEGAL ONE Director
Star Adv. and Subscription Eligible
What were the most important changes in state and federal law that occurred during the 2019-20 school year? What must you do to address these changes moving forward? This seminar will address key topics, including:
- Changing legal requirements related to vaping, opioid use, and student health, including mental health;
- Understanding and addressing the needs of transgender students;
- Recent legislation and guidance related to school safety;
- The latest state and federal case law regarding HIB, IDEA, tenure, discrimination law, First Amendment rights and more; and
- Recent developments regarding employee rights, including collective bargaining rights, pensions, and employee benefits.
See Brochure for additional details.
AN ELECTRONIC DEVICE IS REQUIRED. NO COPIES WILL BE PROVIDED.