Hot Issues in Special Education Law
6/16/20; 9am - 12pm Live onlne w/ additional Online content for access at the user's convenience. Instructions to be sent before the event.
Presenter: John Worthington, Esq., LEGAL ONE Consultant
Star Adv. and Subscription Eligible
State and federal law is rapidly evolving for students with disabilities. In this workshop, participants will learn about the latest case law, statutory/regulatory changes, and federal/state guidance regarding:
- The use of physical restraint and seclusion for students with disabilities
- The overlapping rights of students under IDEA, Section 504, NJ's Law Against Discrimination and the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights
- Major changes related to the use of technology to deliver services for students w/ disabilities
- New procedures for addressing legal disputes and due process, and
- Other important changes in case law, statute and regulation at the state & fed. levels.